setting up two ethernet cards

Post by u.. » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

   Hello, I have a 486 that I am trying to put to ethernet cards into.  I
can't seem to get it to work.  ifconfig will only recognize eth0  with eth1
I get "interface unknown".  The two cards are Intel etherexpress cards.
They are 10baseT and are ISA.  In my conf.modules I have the following

      alias eth0 eexpress
      options io=0x300 irq=5
      alias eth1 eexpress
      options io=0x310 irq=9

I am a newbie so I feel like I am shooting in the dark.  In one of the
previously posted messages they said something about disableing PnP.  I do
not know If I need to to do this or not.  I am not even sure if it is
enabled.
Any sort of help would be great.

Thanks,
Seth Norris

setting up two ethernet cards

Post by Malwar » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi Seth,

>       alias eth0 eexpress
>       options io=0x300 irq=5

        options eexpress io=0x300,0x310 irq=5,9
Quote:>       alias eth1 eexpress
>       options io=0x310 irq=9

delete above line

Malware

1. how to set up Internet gateway/how to set up two ethernet cards on Linux

I need to set up one of my two Linux boxes as an Internet gateway for my
two-machine LAN.  First off, I have both machines each using an Ethernet
card for NFS.  Now, how can I put in another card in each to run a TCP/IP
network between both machines and then the Internet (which must have
another Ethenet card in it to connect to the Internet *breathe*) - I mean
Linux can only handle one Ethernet card!   To top it off, the router
handling Internet traffic is connected via a SCSI controller!!
(Morningstar SnapLink routers).

I really need a Ethernet-pro out there to contact me!! I am in a real
mess here!!!

- Thanks!

--
[ Atul Varma               |    Sysop, StarBase Mintaka BBS (614)442-7779 ]

[ Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.   |    Raytraces, Fractals, and graphics demos   ]
[ MACINTOSH SUCKS!!        |    500 MB online, 300-14.4k BPS, SHS BBS 3.2 ]

2. UNIX 'Testing' Tools?

3. Need help to set up two ethernet NE2000 cpt ISA cards

4. A strange problem with persistent tcp connections

5. Setting up two ethernet cards

6. LinuxPPC apps

7. Setting up two E2112 ethernet cards

8. Cable modem with Linux

9. Two Ethernet Card Setting, not works as FAQ says ?

10. Setting up Internet Firewall w/ two Ethernet cards

11. RH - setting IP addresses on second ethernet card

12. setting up a second ethernet card

13. Setting up two ethernet cards -Please help