telnetd: All network ports are in use.

Post by Patrick Kl » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Why does this happen?  I try to connect to my Linux machine, and I get
the message:

        telnetd: All network ports are in use.

I've checked with DejaNews and see that this has happened to others
before; most seem to imply something to do with permissions and how
many pty's are available.  I'm puzzled because I've been using telnet
on this machine for years without any trouble!?!  Noone else is connected.
I don't know that I've changed anything related to this.  Plenty of disk
space.  Why would this all of a sudden start happening?

Patrick

    Klos Technologies, Inc.                Web:   http://www.klos.com/

1. telnetd: All network ports in use

Hello,

The next message appears when I want to telnet to a SCO OpenServer
5.0.4. box:
    "telnetd: All network ports in use".
Only 3 sessions are running. How can I increase the number of network
ports ?

Regards,

Marco Oude Nijeweme
ESHUIS BV
The Netherlands

2. xfree86, 16bpp colours, ark2000pv. README.ark: yes

3. telnetd: all network ports in use

4. XDMCP and Exceed

5. Telnetd - All network ports in use????

6. looking for a command similar to DOS "tree"

7. telnetd: all network ports in use

8. could not have said it better myself

9. telnetd: All network ports in use.

10. telnetd fails opening pty, "all network ports in use

11. telnetd says 'all network ports in use'

12. telnetd:All network ports in use.

13. telnetd: All network ports in use