ethernet PCI card doesn't work - HELP

Post by Jeffrey S. Dutk » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have an EZ-3200P+ PCI ethernet card that claims to be NE-2000
compatible, but it is not recognized by my Linux kernel (I have
tried version 2.0.27, which is the newest kernel I have on a CD
so that I can get on this machine that can't see the net). Does
anyone know if this card is supported by a newwer version of the
kernel, or should I chuck it?

There one IC on the card that looks like it has all the logic on
it. The manufacturer is RMC and the part number is RTL8029AS with
another number below it 75042S1 (but this might be a date code).

- Jeff Dutky

Post by Ben Sandle » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I have an EZ-3200P+ PCI ethernet card that claims to be NE-2000
> compatible, but it is not recognized by my Linux kernel (I have
> tried version 2.0.27, which is the newest kernel I have on a CD
> so that I can get on this machine that can't see the net). Does
> anyone know if this card is supported by a newwer version of the
> kernel, or should I chuck it?

Well, I know that NE2000 and NE2000 PCI are two different animals in the
kernel, so make sure you have the right ones.  Also, with NE2000 the
kernel will autoprobe certain IOs - 240, 260, 280, 300, 320, IIRC.  So
make sure it's on one of those, if you can configure it.

Quote:

> There one IC on the card that looks like it has all the logic on
> it. The manufacturer is RMC and the part number is RTL8029AS with
> another number below it 75042S1 (but this might be a date code).

8029 is a supported card.  I had some 8019s that worked but as ne2000.
There may be separate drivers for the 8029s.  Check xconfig and the
drivers files...

- Ben

Quote:

--
Ben Sandler
email me: sandler at ymail dot yu dot edu

"Windows is an operating system, not a religion."
- Ted Waitt, chairman of Gateway

ethernet PCI card doesn't work - HELP

Post by David J. Loone » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Do you have a listing of pci devices in /proc (e.g. /proc/pci) ?  If so
is the card seen there, and is the interrupt and IO address you are
specifying correct ?  Alternatively can you be sure of the IO and IRQ
from the utilities which came with the card under DOS or Win95 ?

If ne is built into your kernel, you may have to specify the IO, IRQ,
and interface on the LILO command line, e.g. 'linux
ether=10,0xfcc0,eth0'.  See the ethernet HOWTO.

Dave Looney

Quote:> I have an EZ-3200P+ PCI ethernet card that claims to be NE-2000

--
Remove composers from email and finger addresses to respond.

1. Help kudzu set up my ethernet card, but now modem doesn't work!

I seem to have the opposite problem of many users. Kudzu saw my ethernet
card and Advansys SCSI card and set them both up. The SCSI works correctly.
I don't yet know about the ethernet card, I'm going to try that out
tonight.

My problem, however, is that since kudzu set up the ethernet card (which
I'm going to use to connect an ethernet-based printer), I can dial up my
ISP on my modem but can no longer see the Internet through it.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Craig

2. HP5L with Linux???

3. doesn't find PCI Ethernet Card

4. Can't use backspace key in Netacape 1.12 in X

5. netatalk works with ISA ethernet card but not PCI card -- HELP

6. Problem with PCMCIA Network card

7. de4x5 driver doesn't work in TC5048 PCI card

8. setting command line vi

9. Installed New Ethernet Card. Now Software Bridge Doesn't Work.

10. WD90C33 2 MB PCI card doesn't work right in XFree 3.1?

11. Probe for ethernet card..doesn't work

12. IP forwarding from ethernet to ethernet doesn't work ?

13. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work