HELP!!!!!

Post by Uswes » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello everyone...hopefully someone has had this same problem...I've used
Redhat 6.something...and was able to get my internet working with no problem
but didn't have drivers for my Ati Rage Fury...then I went SuSE Linux 6.3 on
DVD...and the drivers work...and also for Mandrake 7.0...it came with the
drivers for the video card. But I can connect to the internet..I keep
getting an uknown host name failure or something like that.  I'm connected
through DCHP with an ADSL line. I'm also using a Netgear Network card which
uses the Tulip drivers...but don't know how to work it with SuSE Linux 6.3
or Mandrake linkux 7.0...does anyone know and can anyone help?

HELP!!!!!

Post by patrick.them.. » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello everyone...hopefully someone has had this same problem...I've
used
> Redhat 6.something...and was able to get my internet working with no
problem
> but didn't have drivers for my Ati Rage Fury...then I went SuSE Linux
6.3 on
> DVD...and the drivers work...and also for Mandrake 7.0...it came with
the
> drivers for the video card. But I can connect to the internet..I keep
> getting an uknown host name failure or something like that.  I'm
connected
> through DCHP with an ADSL line. I'm also using a Netgear Network card
which
> uses the Tulip drivers...but don't know how to work it with SuSE Linux
6.3
> or Mandrake linkux 7.0...does anyone know and can anyone help?

1st, i think you mean you cannot connect, right?
unknown host name means your dns is not configured right -
in suse, use yast-administation-network, somwhere you find you can add
dns-server-adresses.
they should come from your adsl-provider.

2nd,send your ifconfig -
so we can see if your nic is recognized.
in suse, same menu in yast, you can add your nic and ipadress.

hth

--
'...' said the joker to the thief
'there's too much confusion, i cant get no relief...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.