Apologies for multi posting

Post by Andrew Ken » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:29:09

It seems that I have gaffed by posting the same question to (and yes I have
to admit it........ several newsgroups) I sincerely hope that anyone
offended by this will accept my apologies. Perhaps youcould also take the
time to explain to me the difference between multi and cross posting.
Regards
Andrew

Apologies for multi posting

Post by Michael Heimin » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:35:55

Monday 28 January 2002 00:29:

Quote:> It seems that I have gaffed by posting the same question to (and yes
> I have to admit it........ several newsgroups) I sincerely hope that
> anyone offended by this will accept my apologies. Perhaps youcould
> also take the time to explain to me the difference between multi and
> cross posting. Regards
> Andrew

This URL explains it:

Good luck

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

Post by ctr2s.. » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:12:47

> > It seems that I have gaffed by posting the same question to (and yes
> > I have to admit it........ several newsgroups) I sincerely hope that
> > anyone offended by this will accept my apologies. Perhaps youcould
> > also take the time to explain to me the difference between multi and
> > cross posting. Regards
> > Andrew
> This URL explains it:
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

The short version is that multi posting is posting the same copy of an
article to many newsgroups.  Crossposting is posting one physical copy
of an article, and specifying that it should go into many newsgroups.
If that distinction is unclear, look at it this way: if I mark a
cross-posted article "read" in one newsgroup, it will always be marked
read in any newsgroup, no matter how many times it's been
cross-posted.  I have to separately mark _every copy_ of a
multi-posted article "read."

The benefits of this should be pretty apparent.

--

"I woke up this morning and realized what the game needed: pirates,
pimps, and gay furries."  - Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka

1. ? multi home + multi cgi, multi email, multi log, multi support

Is there any httpd package that could do not only multi web-home
setup, but also
        email for multi-doamin-names with their own domain-name;
        store log files for each domain-name in their own location;
        setup cgi-bin for each domain-name to have their own directory;
        support autherization and configuration for their own home
?

Does Netscape do that, OpenMarket do that, Or otehrs?

Thanks,

zhao

2. strange problem on installing freebsd

3. Apologies for multiple posts

4. adsl

5. Apologies RE: Employment Postings

6. Samba/solaris/pam

7. Apology for posting "MAKE.MONEY.FAST"

8. Why Fips ?

9. Apologies for the duplicate posts...

10. KDE slow on redhat 7.1 - apologies if this has already been posted.

11. Apologies for the posting of innumerable messages

12. Apology for posting same message 3 times.

13. Apologies for WAY off-topic postings