Microsoft NT w/Proxy 2.0 & Linux

Post by Kyle Gedde » Mon, 01 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone been able to succesful configure a linux box to go through an NT
box running MS Proxy 2.0? I have been able to get web, and ftp access
through netscape, but i would like to be able to get email etc.. if anyone
has a succesful config, please let me know.

-Kyle

Microsoft NT w/Proxy 2.0 & Linux

Post by Rob Hal » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Sounds like a problem with your MS Proxy 2.0

It may be that your filter is not allowing mail requests to get through.
Also, check that  Identd
packets are not being filtered.

I'm sure that it's a problem with NT and not Linux.

>Has anyone been able to succesful configure a linux box to go through an NT
>box running MS Proxy 2.0? I have been able to get web, and ftp access
>through netscape, but i would like to be able to get email etc.. if anyone
>has a succesful config, please let me know.

>-Kyle

1. Linux and Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0

Greetings,
    I have been trying to get Netscape Communicator under Linux to use MS
Proxy 2.0 to connect to the internet. However, I don't seem to be having
much luck. I can see Netscape vigorously try to access the NT Server but it
finally fails and Netscape displays a message of Error: Access Denied. Has
anyone had any luck with this? I am currently using Slackware Linux 2.0.34
(InfoMagic July 1998 release). Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Tony Melendez
Senior Software Engineer
The LongView Group, Inc.

2. Is it worth upgrading kernel?

3. linux and Microsoft Proxy 2.0

4. What is "Relink kernel"?

5. Linux client with MS Proxy Server 2.0 on NT Server

6. HP JetAdmin: what master pty for the hpnptyd approach?

7. Linux and MS Proxy 2.0 running on NT

8. User PPP or kernel PPP?

9. Red Hat 7.2 and Mozilla with Microsoft Proxy 2.0

10. M$ Proxy Server 2.0 & Linux

11. Linux & MS Proxy server 2.0

12. Microsoft Proxy server & Linux

13. Microsoft Proxy server 2.0 and Red Hat 5.2