IP Accounting, what do I need?

Post by Justin Maxwe » Wed, 08 Feb 1995 17:33:46

Hi.

I've installed Linux / Slackware from the InfoMagic Dec'94 CD-ROM

I then updated to kernel 1.1.72 (the latest on the IM disks)

And it asked me "IP Accounting?" and I thought "Way Cool" because
this means I don't have to learn all about Linux kernel hacking and write
one myself.

I've been through the relevant bits of kernel source and it looks like it'll
do what I need... BUT

There must be some companion tools to manipulate and manage the
accounting functions.  These are nowhere to be found on the CD's.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?   Thanks.

Justin

1. I NEED A LOCAL IP CHECKER TO SEND THE IP TO AN OUTSIDE ACCOUNT!

Ok, here is my problem... I am running a server on Corel Linux v2.  The
problem is it is on a static IP.  The unfortunate part is my IP goes down
frequently (Damn Bell Canada) And My server, along with the IP, goes down
(How can I connect to it if I dunno the IP).  What I am looking for is a way
for the system to constatly check the IP and see if it changes, if it does,
it e-mails my external account (Hotmail, yahoo, etc).  I have heard there is
a way to do this throguh a CRON... Can some one help me? I am a newbie to
Linux (less than a year) And I have no clue how to go about it.  Please,
someone help me.  Thanks

Kronos3.

http://Kronos3.com

2. TritonII +Cyrix 6x86 Root disk problems

3. IP accounting; can it be done?

4. Dual Processors

5. Need help with IPA (IP accounting)

6. How to disable ICMP redirect in Red Hat Linux 7.1?

7. Need info on IP Accounting, Kerberos

8. What's this means in the Makefile of Linux kernel2.4.17?

9. Need a little help on IP Accounting

10. need help with subnetting/routing/IP accounting

11. IP Accounting, what do I need?

12. IP accounting software needed

13. Help needed - IP accounting