Dial Up Server

Post by Alexander F. Hartne » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I am running Open Linux 1.3  and Red Hat and I would like to set up a
dial up server. I have a standard Hayes compatible modem (56k) connected
to serial port 2 (com2:) and would like to dial in form work to home.
Can anybody please help me.

Thanks
Alex

1. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

You are better off borrowing/buying/stealing a CD and loading a fresh 2.7
install.
From what I've heard, there are issues with upgrading via CVS.  Plus, it's
_SLOW_.
Trust me. If you don't have the cash (US $30, I believe) you could probably
ask
somebody to copy their 2.7 CD for you (hint,hint).  Of course, buying the CD
makes
OBSD 2.8 and higher a possibility, which is a Good Thing.

Good luck.

2. help me please, URGENT

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. routing in sendmail

5. PPP problems with multiport dial-in/dial-out server

6. Which is a better BSD for Sparc?

7. how to dial up to CSICO dial in server?

8. removeuser

9. Dial-up / Dial-In Linux Server to Windows Network for Mobile Users

10. Dial In and Dial Out Server on same Modem

11. Linux as dial-up ppp server for Win95 dial-up problem

12. PPP Dial on demand + dial in server CO-EXIST Peacefully ?

13. Dial ups during connecting pop3 accounts