Connecting to internet (Virgin Net (UK)

Post by Lee Bennet » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello

I wish to connect my Linux box to the internet. I have configured the pppd
demon and it connects OK. If you view the messages logfile the connections
is established and the servers IP address and your IP address are shown. It
is possible to ping the server however I cannot connect via a browser, etc.
* Net uses a DNS server to assign IP addresses, etc. The only IP
addresses that I know are the primary and secondary DNS servers.

If further details are required please ask and I will try to supply more
information.

Can you one help!!!!

Thanks

1. name server address for virgin.net or anyone in the uk

can someone please tell me the name server address for
virgin.net as they seem to be ignoring me 5-6 messages
over 5-6 days

And can someone tell me where the faq for this group is
also has comp.os.linux.answers died or what ?
--
manics-at-rocketmail-dot-com

2. ide1: unexpected_intr:...Help???

3. UK ISP (Virgin.net)

4. Third parameter to glob

5. Recent problems connecting to virgin.net as ISP

6. man is seeing double

7. PPP networking connection to virgin.net

8. 5/6 Provide basic documentation for profiling

9. virgin.net

10. Connecting the local net to Internet over a modem line

11. Does anyone use Ibm.net to connect to Internet??

12. Connecting a local net to the internet via SLIP

13. Virgin net/freeserve