Real-Time Monitoring & Accounting of Network traffic

Real-Time Monitoring & Accounting of Network traffic

Post by Rick Go » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:56:03

Network traffic:  HTTP, FTP, SMTP.

Do you know of any software which does this in REAL-TIME??

Regards.

Real-Time Monitoring & Accounting of Network traffic

Post by Vladimir Guse » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:16:24

Hi!
link below  - is very powerful tools for your purpose :)
www.ntop.org

Motorola, GTSS department, Moscow
Vladimir Gusev, 3G/GPRS Field engineer

Quote:> Network traffic:  HTTP, FTP, SMTP.

Post by Jeff Lieberman » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 02:07:40

Quote:>Network traffic:  HTTP, FTP, SMTP.
>Do you know of any software which does this in REAL-TIME??

It would be interesting to know what you're trying to measure and on what
device or platform.

IMHO, real time means packet sniffing.  See:
  http://packetstorm.securify.com/sniffers/indexdl.shtml
  http://packetstorm.securify.com/sniffers/sniffing-faq.htm
for a wide selection of suitable tools.  I use and recommend Ethereal at:
  http://www.ethereal.com

--
Jeff Liebermann  150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz CA 95060
(831)421-6491 pgr (831)426-1240 fax (831)336-2558 home

Real-Time Monitoring & Accounting of Network traffic

Post by Rick Go » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:58:03

I have implemented bandwidth control (traffic shaping) on linux server to my
MASQ machines. I am only simulating this as a test bed for a real office
network and thus need hard figures/graphs to show that it works.

Post by Paul Koc » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:12:36

> Network traffic:  HTTP, FTP, SMTP.

> Do you know of any software which does this in REAL-TIME??

> Regards.

Have a look at www.statscout.com. It contains a realtime and
historical statistical LAN analyser.

        Paul.

1. Can I monitor real-time net traffic of a UNIX work station?

Dear all,

We have a UNIX work station which connects directly to Internet. How
can we fulfill real-time monitoring of its network traffic by any
software? I refer to any application like the network statistics
utility adapted on Windows2000. Can I find something similar for UNIX
platform?

The software should be able to monitor sendmail traffic as well.

Thanks for reading this.

---
Linhui

2. Changing users homedir on NCSA

3. Real-Time Graphing of Network Traffic

4. Forcing IP to a client

5. Mixed Time-Share & real-Time scheduling

6. Q: X Config (another one)

7. swatch.pl - watch your website's traffic in real-time

8. PGP for X Windows/Gnome?

9. help: real-time process accounting

10. help with real-time connection monitoring

11. Real-time port 80 activity monitor, using graphs in console mode?

12. Real-time SNMP Monitoring

13. real-time file monitoring at the kernel level