Linux samba time stamp woes

Post by Dick Balas » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I can't get my samba mounted drives to preserve timestamps on files.
(This is more important now that i'm trying to run cvs on my Linux box
to control my NT source code)
Every file i touch ends up with the current time.

This used to not bother me because i figured, "Well, its just stupid Windoze
behaviour."  But i notice that when i drag and dtop files Win to Win using
explorer that the timestamps on the files are preserved.

I upgraded to all of the latest relevent packages hoping for magic.
Is there any hope for proper date preservation?

Am i missing a smb.conf flag?

Linux-2.0.33
smbfs-2.0.2
samba-1.9.18p2

[cary:/home/dick] cp -p xpilot/Release/XPilot.exe /smb/duke/e/XPilot/XPilot.exe
cp: /smb/duke/e/XPilot/XPilot.exe: Operation not permitted

Tanx

dik

1. Time discrepancy between Linux and DOS time stamps for same file

When I look at the time stamp on a dos file using ls in Linux, it reports
a different time than DOS reports for the same file using dir.

This is for the /dosc partition mounted under Linux as a type msdos partition.

The time differential seems to be about 10 1/2 hours; where Linux thinks the
file is 10 1/2 hours older than the DOS time.

Does anyone know a fix or reason for this?

2. telnet broken in RedHat 4.0 ?

3. Recommended time function for time stamp within a device driver?

4. Linux mess up my Compaq BIOS?

5. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

6. screen grab (Solaris)

7. Time Stamps?

8. DHCP and solaris 2.7

9. Getting Time Stamp???

10. Time stamp. . .

11. time stamp problem with netscape mail.

12. Unix time stamp

13. time stamps