I have problems with two PPP - dialin lines

Post by Al Longye » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I have linux kernel 1.2.6 and established one ppp - dialin line.
>When I tried to attach the second line the folowing happend:
>The first ppp - entry in the routing list (ppp0) was replaced by
>the entry of the second channel (ppp1).
>I use the same ppplogin script file for both lines. Perhaps I shold look
>for a lock file or a device an add a if exist to my ppplogin file but
>I couldn't locate both of them.
>It would be nice if somone could send me a solution for this problem.

Each of the simultaneous PPP connections **MUST** have a different IP
address for the peer (remote).

If you need to specify the remote IP address then do so in the
/etc/ppp/options.tty set of files. (Use /etc/ppp/options.ttyS0 for
/dev/ttyS0.)

--

Post by Dieter Bachma » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I have linux kernel 1.2.6 and established one ppp - dialin line.
When I tried to attach the second line the folowing happend:
The first ppp - entry in the routing list (ppp0) was replaced by
the entry of the second channel (ppp1).

I use the same ppplogin script file for both lines. Perhaps I shold look
for a lock file or a device an add a if exist to my ppplogin file but
I couldn't locate both of them.

It would be nice if somone could send me a solution for this problem.

1. Two computers - two PPP lines, how?

Hi,

I'm currently running linux 1.1.59, with an ethernet connection to
a Spark station.  The person who own the spark has a 28.8 modem, and
is usually running a PPP connection to the 'net'.  My machine is set
up now to use his PPP connection, because its faster than my 14.4.

But now, he is leaving his computer off more and more, so I'd like to
run PPP from my machine and modem..  My question is how to route this correctly?
When I run ppp with the 'defaultroute', I get an error back saying that
it can't replace the existing route (which isn't there.)  My workaround
to this is to put a bogus address into my rd.inet1 (sp?) file, such
that eth0 is now invalid.  Then PPP runs fine, but I can't log into
the spark.  If I do a "ifconfig eth0 down" command, then I can't run
anything on X.  It says that it can't open up display snafu:0  (snafu
is my machine name...)

Anyone have any ideas?

+------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
|  Richard Rumley              |       "Are you an Engineer?"              |
|  Silicon Engineering, Inc.   | "I'm a Moron, common mistake." - S. Adams |
|  408/438-5331 x177           | "...we demand rigidly defined areas of    |

+------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

2. X concept

3. PPP dialin server (using two modems)

4. SU in shell

5. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

6. Frequently Asked Question to AIX 3.1 and IBM RS/6000

7. Having two separate networks connect using two Linux routers and ISDN

8. linux dhcp server unique options (VoIP phones)

9. How to connect two Linux boxes via Com ports having two wires only

10. One Process on the machine having two IP address and two ethernet interface.

11. Networking between two PC with both having two Ethernet port

12. route based on incoming eth out ppp - two eth / two ppp

13. MST PPP for SCO Dialin PPP Server and Windows 95