ppp always connects twice

Post by Andrew E. Baile » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi all -

    I have a Linux box functioning as a masquerading gateway. When it
connects to my isp, it always dials and connects (I hear the modem connect),
then it hangs up and connects again. Always. The second time works... I
tried changing the timeout in linuxconf to 15 seconds, but that didn't help.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks,
Andrew E. Bailey

ppp always connects twice

Post by dan » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have the same problem, it sucs.  heh

dt

Quote:> Hi all -

>     I have a Linux box functioning as a masquerading gateway. When it
> connects to my isp, it always dials and connects (I hear the modem
connect),
> then it hangs up and connects again. Always. The second time works... I
> tried changing the timeout in linuxconf to 15 seconds, but that didn't
help.

> Anyone know what's up?

> Thanks,
> Andrew E. Bailey

ppp always connects twice

Post by bluste » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I aquired the same problem upon upgrading from Redhat 6.0
to version 6.1... THEN the problem went away when I did the
upgrade to ver. 6.2 ...
so maybe you could fix it with the new pppd package (from v6.2)

ppp always connects twice

Post by Svend Garnae » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

If you're running RedHat 6.1 this is a known issue.
Download their latest pppd package to solve the problem.

--
Svend

ppp always connects twice

Post by Andrew E. Baile » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thanks all,
Downloaded the new ppp rpm and upgraded it - works perfectly now.

Andrew

Quote:> Hi all -