install cardbus NIC

Post by Scott Chian » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

hi,

  I follow the Installation instructions for the Modules
version to install AmbiCom 10/100 Fast Ethernet CardBus
PC Card (DEC tulip Chip). The Installation instructions
as follows:

1. Verify that the source code for your current kernel
   version is installed.
2. If you don't have a /usr/include/linux/version.h file,
   do cd /usr/src/linux; make include/linux/version.h
3. Copy the driver source code to a source directory. I
   usually use usr/src/modules/tulip.c.
4. Compile the file using the compile-command at the
   bottom of the tulip.c source file.
5. As 'root', load the module using "insmod tulip.o".
   You should first test this by hand in single-user
   mode. If it works as expected you should add the
   insmod command to /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 or
   /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

The version of driver source code is V0.91, and the
linux system is RedHat 6.0 + kernel 2.2.5 +
pcmcia-cs-3.0.9.

It seem easily from step 1 to step 4, but when I do
"insmod tulip_cb.o" command in step 5, the system
respones me the following message:

unresolved symbol unregister_driver
unresolved symbol register_driver

I don't know what happen and how should I to do?
Does anyone can tell me the following steps I
should to do? Thanks!

Regards,

scott/NDC
6/17/1999

1. PCI-2-Cardbus bridge, Kernel PCMCIA services and Cardbus

Hi people,

I have a strange problem with virtually all 2.4 kernels,
(tried 2.4.18 to 2.4.20-rc1). I'm developing a driver
for a wireless card for our customer. Since it's a Cardbus
wireless card and my dev machine is a desktop, I'm using
a Ricoh 5c475 based PCI-2-Cardbus bridge.

My problem is that the yenta_socket.o driver (or pcmcia_core.o)
indeed create  Cardbus bus with my device on it, but the BAR's
are all messed up. I get negative len ranges on the MMIO addresses
(0xE7010000 - 0xE7003FFF).

I'm not sure this is a problem in the Kernel PCMCIA drivers, because
even with them not loaded, the Ricoh device (Cardbus bridge) contains
weird bridge resources (offset 0x1C and forward in the PCI
config space headertype 0x02). This doesn't happen only with my
customers wireless card, but with one another different vendors wireless
card too.

I've even tried Alan Cox' 2.4.20-pre10-ac2 patch with no success.

Anyone seen this before and know where I might throw my search lights ?

Thanks,
George.

-

2. DLL to SO

3. CardBus, PCI: Strange I/O ports assigned to CardBus bridge

4. Mach 64 config for X ??

5. only show the PCMCIA/CardBus submenu if "PCMCIA/CardBus support" is selected

6. Unable to run X clients

7. Cardbus DMA with CardBus card as initiator

8. How to check if computer is running!?

9. Problem with OpenBSD 3.1 on a laptop w/ CardBus NIC, please help

10. help: pcmcia NIC linksys etherfast 10/100 cardbus w cirrus pd6832??

11. 2.4.4 NIC problems - Realtek 8139 and Xircom Cardbus

12. Possible to have unique ethx for laptop with one CardBus slot, wireless and wired NICs?

13. Linux freeze when insert ovislink cardbus nic to Thinkpad i1200