squid: usernames in access.log

Post by bien » Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:07:37

I have a lin server with squid in
transparent mode.
Is there a way to log the usernames
in the access.log of squid, not only
the IPs or hostnames of the clients ?
thanks

Enzo

Post by Monza » Sun, 14 Sep 2003 08:19:02

> I have a lin server with squid in
> transparent mode.
> Is there a way to log the usernames
> in the access.log of squid, not only
> the IPs or hostnames of the clients ?
> thanks

> Enzo

Caro Enzo,
I don't know if there is a better way but this works for sure:
cahnge in your squid.conf file the entry:
# emulate_httpd_log off
to this:
emulate_httpd_log on
and restart your proxy-server :-)
Cheers,
Monzai

Enzo, if you have to manage and configure a lot of servers, services
and hardware then you can use Monzai! Please have a look at our
homepage at http://www.monzai.com/ and at our live-demonstration. :-)

1. Strange username entry in access.log

Hi folks

Viewing our access.log file the other day I noticed an unusual entry.
The user was viewing some password protected information on our WEBSITE.
The entry in access.log was formatted like this

<host.domain> - "" ..........

Where I would see the username of the person requesting the page, all that
is
there are a pair of double quotes. I checked our htpasswd file and there is
no entry for "".

We are running Apache 1.13 and using DBM for username/password access. Any
thoughts
on how this user is gaining access to our site?

Thanks in advance for the help

--

Larry Buss               |

http://www.magothy.com/  |  if I could find reverse.

2. kernel compilation problem

3. access.log SQUID PROXY UTC seconds converting

4. Incrementing a number within a string.

5. squid - access.log

6. XFree86 4.x now approved

7. squid access.log

8. procmail - serial loopback

9. squid access.log query

10. SQUID: Cannot open access.log file

11. SQUID'S ACCESS.LOG AND URL FORMAT

12. Limiting access to Squid by USERNAME--inside a WINDOWS-network environment.

13. How to log user access info in access.log