qmail, mbox and cyrus imap

Post by none » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:40:29

Qmail is set up fine and qorks perfectly. Mail is delivered in standard
mailbox format. Cyrus is installed fine it seems, but attempts to use it
fail. The howto is useless, under test I get C: C01 CAPABILITY instead of
an ok. Any ideas?

qmail, mbox and cyrus imap

Post by ken_yap_ecf9db7c_.. » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:00:52

|Qmail is set up fine and qorks perfectly. Mail is delivered in standard

Except that it seems to be replacing all w's in your text by q's.
Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

Ob attempt to be helpful: qmail delivers in either maildir or mailbox
format. Do you need to tell/patch Cyrus re maildir, or if that's not
possible, select the less preferred mailbox format?

qmail, mbox and cyrus imap

Post by none » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:21:48

> |Qmail is set up fine and qorks perfectly. Mail is delivered in standard

> Except that it seems to be replacing all w's in your text by q's. Sorry,
> couldn't resist. :-)

> Ob attempt to be helpful: qmail delivers in either maildir or mailbox
> format. Do you need to tell/patch Cyrus re maildir, or if that's not
> possible, select the less preferred mailbox format?

It is delivered in mailbox format. I have followed all the how-tos I
could find. Everything seems to be configured ok, but the test doesn't
work.

qmail, mbox and cyrus imap

Post by Paul Marquard » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:10:33

> Qmail is set up fine and qorks perfectly. Mail is delivered in standard
> mailbox format. Cyrus is installed fine it seems, but attempts to use it
> fail. The howto is useless, under test I get C: C01 CAPABILITY instead of
> an ok. Any ideas?

Hi,
    I recently ran into a similar problem on a FreeBSD 4.4 box- might be the
same issue. Make sure the sasl database exists-- usually /etc/sasl.db. It
should be readable and writeable by the cyrus user and its primary group
(mail or cyrus). Also, my setup didn't work until I populated the sasl
database with the saslpasswd command and added this line to my imapd.conf
file:

sasl_pwcheck_method: sasldb

    I agree-- the HOWTO's are useless for anything except for installing. I
found several answers in /usr/local/share/doc/cyrus and cyrus-sasl. Take a
look there. Good luck.

Paul