Linux as Mailserver

Post by kall » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello Linux-Users,

please give me a little help to find the solution for this problem:  Weve
an Internet-Domain Adress like www.xyz.de and our LAN is configured with the
same primary domain. Every time when we send local e-mails with the adress

do that. How must I configure the Mailserver???

Thanks a lot for reply
Kalle

Linux as Mailserver

Post by Robert Pearc » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

writes
>Hello Linux-Users,

>please give me a little help to find the solution for this problem:  Weve
>an Internet-Domain Adress like www.xyz.de and our LAN is configured with the
>same primary domain. Every time when we send local e-mails with the adress

>do that. How must I configure the Mailserver???

If you're using sendmail with the "normal" configuration, it connects to
your name server every time. Are you running a local name server ?

Personally I use a deliberately different domain name for the LAN (with
a .local at the top level) and arrange for sendmail to masquerade any
outgoing mail.

Just some thoughts, I'm no expert!
--
Rob Pearce

The "from" must be wrong, nothing that helpful ever comes from the TAN team!

Linux as Mailserver

Post by Nataraj Dasgupt » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What kind of mailserver are you running ? (IMAP/POP3 ... ?)

The situation seems quite strange. Basically, the server does not recognize
the xyz.de as an internal mail. Are you sure that your mail config files
have been set up properly ?

Send in more information, and perhaps someone could help you out.

Nataraj.

One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.

> Hello Linux-Users,

> please give me a little help to find the solution for this problem:  Weve
> an Internet-Domain Adress like www.xyz.de and our LAN is configured with
the
> same primary domain. Every time when we send local e-mails with the adress

> do that. How must I configure the Mailserver???

> Thanks a lot for reply
> Kalle

Linux as Mailserver

Post by gbaile » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

<snip>

Quote:> mailserver dials up to the Internet, but he shouldnt
> do that. How must I configure the Mailserver???

I have a related but different problem...
I have a local network, and I want to be able to send email
from either of two w95 boxes or the linux server...
where do I found out how to do this ...
Netscape messenger seems very buggy...

I am an experienced w95 user migrating with great
exclamations of delight to linux...
I am familiar with eudora, free Agent, and am used to
dial-up networking where the ISP dynamically assigns
an IP when I connect...

Many thanks for any help
regards
gb

1. MicroVAX to Linux mailserver conversion

I'm converting an old MicroVAX mail server to a Linux box (hopefully)...  I haven't been able to
get to the network net, though.   I'm not real familiar with Linux networking, so it's probably a
knowledge problem on my  part (been reading the FAQ as well as network card setups,
though).  I've checked an ethernet loopback and am getting a signal both from the Pentium
and from the router.  Just for grins, I tried a different card (changing the /etc/rc.d/rc.modules
file to reflect the new card) from a 3C509B to a 3C590...still the same error.  I used the same
router, gateway, dns, subnet, and ip of the old MicroVax (which is powered off and
disconnected).  The error I get while booting is:

  SIOADDRT: Network is unreachable

Can anyone give me a little advice on where to look for a problem?  Thanks much and
later,
                                      bob

2. Apache/php/postgres problem

3. linux Mailservers

4. help@ppp connection

5. Linux mailserver behind NT IIS 4 proxy

6. Bootp daemon.

7. Linux POP3 mailserver

8. hostname and finger plan

9. Mailserver behind linux gateway

10. Linux as router,proxy- and mailserver

11. Linux as Mailserver, Newbie Questions

12. Linux as mailserver (?) for Winblows95/8

13. Proxy & mailservers on Windows network with Linux