Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode Token Ring card

Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode Token Ring card

Post by lasm » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

,

  I am setting up Mandrake 6.0 (which is RedHat 6.0) with the
Madge Smart 16/4 ISA TR card. It fails at initialization during
boot up. The message was initialization delayed, and the
network interface never showed up.

  Is this card supported ? I read some documentation which says linux
kernel does not support DMA TR card. Is this correct ?
This card uses 0xA20, irq 11 and DMA channel 6 and it works
fine under win95.

   Anybody got this card working? I am desperate for an answer.
Any help will be appreciated.

Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode Token Ring card

Post by Roel Spijke » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I do not think that card is supported. A quick look at www.madge.com and a
search for Linux shows
only the following cards:

Linux driver for Smart PCI, PCMCIA and PRESTO adapters

Roel.

>,

>  I am setting up Mandrake 6.0 (which is RedHat 6.0) with the
>Madge Smart 16/4 ISA TR card. It fails at initialization during
>boot up. The message was initialization delayed, and the
>network interface never showed up.

>  Is this card supported ? I read some documentation which says linux
>kernel does not support DMA TR card. Is this correct ?
>This card uses 0xA20, irq 11 and DMA channel 6 and it works
>fine under win95.

>   Anybody got this card working? I am desperate for an answer.
>Any help will be appreciated.

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network
*
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode Token Ring card

Post by Jeffrey Ko » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

well, officially, it is not supported.
do not try to use the drivers distributed by madge as they won't work.
they are only for the newer cards.

however, I have gotten that card to work in SuSE 6.0 before.
The driver as included in SuSE 6.0 worked. Maybe you can try getting it from
Suse.

> ,

>   I am setting up Mandrake 6.0 (which is RedHat 6.0) with the
> Madge Smart 16/4 ISA TR card. It fails at initialization during
> boot up. The message was initialization delayed, and the
> network interface never showed up.

>   Is this card supported ? I read some documentation which says linux
> kernel does not support DMA TR card. Is this correct ?
> This card uses 0xA20, irq 11 and DMA channel 6 and it works
> fine under win95.

>    Anybody got this card working? I am desperate for an answer.
> Any help will be appreciated.

1. Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Token Ring card

Hi,

   I am setting up Mandrake 6.0 (which is RedHat 6.0) with the
Madge Smart 16/4 ISA TR card. It fails at initialization during
boot up. The message was initialization delayed, and the
network interface never showed up.

   Is this card supported ? I read some documentation which says
linux kernel does not support DMA TR card. Is this correct ?
This card uses 0xA20, irq 11 and DMA channel 6 and it works
fine under win95.

   Any help will be appreciated.

2. SLIP with a router(Cisco-CS500)

3. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI Ringnode (Token Ring adapter help)

4. NFS problems (exporting)

5. token ring: madge smart 16/4 pcmcia ringnode mk/2

6. How to force which host serves passwords...

7. Driver for Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode tokenring card

8. Issues with disk block devices

9. Driver for Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode?

10. Configure Madge Smart 16/4 Plus Ringnode

11. Driver for Madge - Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode

12. Madge Smart 16/4 PCMCIA Token Ring Card

13. Token Ring/Madge Smart 4/16 card?