1. How to browse internt thru' LAN's MS proxy server (also serving as firewall)
Recently, I installed Redhat Linux 7.0 at my office computer. Our intranet
uses all Microsoft stuff and all my collegues use windows boxes.
I could manage to connect my linux box to interal LAN successfully (also
could browse the network neighbourhood by using Samba server). We have DHCP
server on our LAN. So, I have used DHCP client protocal for my Linux box.
So during login, I could automatically get private IP address, gateway, IP
address of internal DNS server correctly. These things I confirmed by
checking relevant configuration files (like /etc/resolv.conf ,
/etc/sysconfig/network ...) in my linux box.
But, I can't get authenticated by our firewall ( ofcouse, in netscape, proxy
server options , I have enterned correct address of our internal firewall &
port). Another thing, I observed, if use "connect thru' proxy server option
in netscape, I can't even surf our INTRANET sites. But if I change, options
to " direct connection to internet" in Netscape, I could surf the INTRANET
But same thing, If I do using Winnt system, I could successfully get
authenticated thru' our firewall to browse the internet.
We use MS proxy server 2.0. Another interesting thing I observated is :
When I use WINNT system & start IE5.5 for internet browsing, during
authentication process, there are 3 feilds displayed
field#1 : username
field#2 : password
field#3 : domainname
But , When I use my Linux box & start Netscape 4.75, during authentication
process, only first two fields are displayed. I don't know why. Is this
Could anybody help me, why I am not able connect my Linux box to internet
thru MS proxy server.
thanx in advance.
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
Posted from [126.96.36.199] by way of f224.law9.hotmail.com [188.8.131.52]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
2. rebooting problem SUN4/370,4.0.3
3. Help on firewall ruleset for routing X (Exceed) thru the Linux firewall
4. Port Forwarding for FTP
5. dir listings
6. External DNS doesn't work for Win XP client thru RH 7.2 server!
7. Help! SCSI problem w/ Redhat 5.2 installation...
8. Need help: DIP server won't route; PING's not answered.
9. Linux to Win Share; diff. subnets; thru firewall - Help pls
10. Routing Win 95 thru Linux w/ISDN and Ethernet
11. Network routes won't come up on Asus P3V4X running Redhat 6.2 w/3Com cards
12. 2 servers, one won't ping from behind firewalls