Help!!~~My Modem doesn't Work!!~

Post by Benn » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:42:58

I have got a intel ham modem, i can successful use it on windows platform.
but when it is used on linux. it fail!!~
i have installed the driver supported by intel, and my kenerl is 2.2.xx
already. when i check the com port, it shows me i/o error. i have disable
all the onboard com port!~

how to fix it???~~

Help!!~~My Modem doesn't Work!!~

Post by Karl Heye » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:31:18

> I have got a intel ham modem, i can successful use it on windows platform.
> but when it is used on linux. it fail!!~ i have installed the driver
> supported by intel, and my kenerl is 2.2.xx already. when i check the com
> port, it shows me i/o error. i have disable all the onboard com port!~

Get the io/irq parameters for the modem and supply them to the setserial
command.

karl.

1. Help: Modem doesn't work -- Compaq Presario 336-VSC Modem

I'm using a Compaq Presario 336-VSC Modem which works very well under
Win95. But it seemed that linux can't recognize it at all. When I run
kermit, I got an error message as follows,

C-Kermit> set line /dev/cua1
C-Kermit> /dev/cua1 is not a terminal device
C-Kermit> sorry, can't open connection to /dev/cua1

When I am trying setserial -a /dev/ttyS1, the irq(3) and port(0x02f8)
are ok but uart is UNKNOWN.

It's a fax-modem connected to COM2 and thus the device name should be
/dev/cua1 and /dev/ttyS1.

Could you please give me any idea about what is going wrong? Do I need
a special device driver?

Lizhan Yao

2. Apache 1.3.20 and .htaccess

3. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

4. 2.4.9-pre4: Optionally let Net Devices feed Entropy (1/2)

5. usual 'modem doesn't work' gripe

6. Where to buy linuxPPC CDs?

7. Modem doesn't work after system upgrade (but works under Win98)

8. Flakey startup problem: bug in dynamic linker

9. Need help: incoming data-call on 1496e zyxel modem doesn't work

10. Help! My USR modem doesn't work!!

11. Help cslip doesn't work with 2 linux boxes and null-modem

12. Help kudzu set up my ethernet card, but now modem doesn't work!

13. Help cslip doesn't work with 2 linux boxes and null-modem