nfs

Post by dj.fr.. » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:04:30

hi,

Im having trouble getting nfs working, all seems fine, all services are
reported up and working, and rpcinfo reports correctly for the server
(issues from the client).  The client reports "mount: RPC: Timed out"
and ion the server logs i get "rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request
from <xxxxxxx> ... ..."

running "cat /proc/fs/nfs/exports" also returns the expected results.

Any help getting this working much apreciated.

Dave

nfs

Post by Raqueeb Hassa » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:27:02

Quote:> The client reports "mount: RPC: Timed out"
> and ion the server logs i get "rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request
> from <xxxxxxx> ... ..."

Do you have portmap running? Or ...  have some kind of firewalls,
(iptables) blocking the required ports? You might consider monitoring
the network with ethereal or similar kind of network monitor.

--
Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

1. NFS BW-NFS and PC-NFS

I am having trouble mounting a file system on my linux box.  I have tried
to use either BW-NFS or PC-NFS on several PC's to mount a machine running
Linux (1.1.18).  I have portmapper running along with mountd , and either
PC-NFS or BW-NFS daemons.

I try to map d: to a file system that is in my exports file and the PC hangs.
Has anyone seen this problem.  I am able to use telnet and ping from these
machines but NFS is not working.

Thomas Glaser
PC/Network Admin.
University Book Store

2. Stale NFS file handles

3. Kernel-nfs working, plain nfs not working.

4. 2.5.29: Oops in handle_scancode.

5. really slow NFS (was: Faster NFS wanted: advice solicited)

6. Solaris 8 package add management help

7. Frequency of NFS lock problems w/ NFS mounted mail spool

8. Apache fastcgi problem

9. linux NFS server problem - can't ls in the NFS mounted directory.

10. Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.

11. HACMP NFS cluster and stale NFS mounts

12. Can NFS mount an NFS again?!

13. NFS-root NFS mouting problem