How to set up NFS server?

Post by root » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I want to link my Linux client to Linux server. I know NFS server does
the job. However, I do not know how to set NFS server up. I tried to
find the menu in the Kernel 2.2.14 but noted the item of NFS server was
disable and could not be chosen so I could not build the server in the
kernel. I tried to install knfsd package but I found that there was a
statement "nfssvc not implemented" when boot-up.

Does anyone teach me how to do?

How to set up NFS server?

Post by Bram Metsc » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I want to link my Linux client to Linux server. I know NFS server does
> the job. However, I do not know how to set NFS server up. I tried to
> find the menu in the Kernel 2.2.14 but noted the item of NFS server was
> disable and could not be chosen so I could not build the server in the
> kernel. I tried to install knfsd package but I found that there was a
> statement "nfssvc not implemented" when boot-up.

> Does anyone teach me how to do?

Hello,
There are two ways to set up a NFS server. You can either use the
NFS-code built into the kernel (which is what you tried to do) or you
can use the 'standalone' NFS software. I would prefer the latter
(because you don't have to recompile your kernel). How you can do this
is described in the NFS-HOWTO that can be obtained from
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO.html.

I hope this helps,
Bram.