1. Linux <--> Mac Best way to mount NFS volume on a Mac or....?
I have an ethernet network, a Netware 3.12 file server and a mixture of
Linux, Mac and DOS/Windows PC's.
My most urgent need is simple "drag & drop" file sharing between the Mac
and the Linux box to exchange HTML and misc. graphics files for Web
authoring. We primarily use the Mac because the name-space matches the
Linux name space more closely.
Is the best way to mount a Linux NFS file system on a Mac?
I am also open to the possibility of mounting the Netware server as an
NFS volume on the Linux box w/ Netware NFS and exchanging files that way,
but will I get stuck with an 8.3 name-space? The doc's I saw weren't
clear but implied this limitation....
And, anybody have any suggestions for better ways to convert Mac text
files to Linux text files (the ^M, CR/LF thing..)? I heve yet to see an
John FX Berns
Join CAIS: The Chicago Area Internet Society, for info:
2. Apache filename resolution problem
3. How do I mount a Mac volume or export a partition to a Mac?
4. Font problems in X11.
5. How to mount a Mac volume on Linux?
6. Slow-down after res. switch?
7. Mounting Mac Volume
8. Can't boot 2.0.X on SOYO 5ED5/M (AGP MB)
9. How to mount AIX volume on Mac?
10. Mounting Volume Manager File Systems without the Volume Manager software
11. ext2 partition, filesystem management - fstab, mount, volume-label, volume-name
12. Netware Mount - no file truncation on mounted volume.
13. Mounting Novel 4.x, 5.x volume on Debian Linux