Mounting a Mac volume on Linux???

Post by Goncal Baden » Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know a way to mount a Mac disk on a Linux system? I would
like to do so in order to backup the Macintosh data on my DAT tape...

Thanks!

        Goncal

--
Goncal Badenes, PhD                     Tel: +32 16 281517
IMEC                                    Fax: +32 16 281214

B-3001 Leuven (Belgium)                 Public PGP key available on request

Post by Jay Lew » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: Does anyone know a way to mount a Mac disk on a Linux system? I would
: like to do so in order to backup the Macintosh data on my DAT tape...

: Thanks!

Check sunsite. I can't remember the subdir, but the name of the package is
hfs. You might wanna grep the ls-LR dataset.

1. Linux <--> Mac Best way to mount NFS volume on a Mac or....?

I have an ethernet network, a Netware 3.12 file server and a mixture of
Linux, Mac and DOS/Windows PC's.

My most urgent need is simple "drag & drop" file sharing between the Mac
and the Linux box to exchange HTML and misc. graphics files for Web
authoring.  We primarily use the Mac because the name-space matches the
Linux name space more closely.

Is the best way to mount a Linux NFS file system on a Mac?

I am also open to the possibility of mounting the Netware server as an
NFS volume on the Linux box w/ Netware NFS and exchanging files that way,
but will I get stuck with an 8.3 name-space?  The doc's I saw weren't
clear but implied this limitation....

And, anybody have any suggestions for better ways to convert Mac text
files to Linux text files (the ^M, CR/LF thing..)?  I heve yet to see an
elegant solution...

John FX Berns
FX Multimedia

www.fxmm.com

Join CAIS: The Chicago Area Internet Society, for info:
http://www.fxmm.com/cais/

2. Apache filename resolution problem

3. How do I mount a Mac volume or export a partition to a Mac?

4. Font problems in X11.

5. How to mount a Mac volume on Linux?

6. Slow-down after res. switch?

7. Mounting Mac Volume

8. Can't boot 2.0.X on SOYO 5ED5/M (AGP MB)

9. How to mount AIX volume on Mac?

10. Mounting Volume Manager File Systems without the Volume Manager software

11. ext2 partition, filesystem management - fstab, mount, volume-label, volume-name

12. Netware Mount - no file truncation on mounted volume.

13. Mounting Novel 4.x, 5.x volume on Debian Linux