SENDMAIL config

Post by Stephane BAUSSO » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello
I would like to know how to configure my sendmail so that my reply path in the mail

Thanks a lot for your help / Stephane Bausson

SENDMAIL config

Post by ridd.. » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: Hello
: I would like to know how to configure my sendmail so that my reply path in the mail

: Thanks a lot for your help / Stephane Bausson

The solutions is simple, actually.
Enter this line in your .bash_profile (or .profile):

This will set the reply-to headers in all your e-mail (and news-postings)
to the correct e-mail address.

                Mark Wormgoor
--
|\    /|      |  /|  /       Name   : Mark Wormgoor
| \  / |      | / | /        WWW    : HTTP://www.ipe.nl/riddles/

******  INTERNET PROMOTIONS EUROPE  : http://www.ipe.nl/ ******

SENDMAIL config

Post by Paul Woute » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>: Hello
>: I would like to know how to configure my sendmail so that my reply path in the mail

>: Thanks a lot for your help / Stephane Bausson
>The solutions is simple, actually.
>Enter this line in your .bash_profile (or .profile):

>This will set the reply-to headers in all your e-mail (and news-postings)
>to the correct e-mail address.

This will fail for .forward files and other non interactive mail sessions.
See mail masquerading features of sendmail (http://www.mtiweb.com/isp)

Paul
--
Due to my recent postings in various Usenet newsgroups, I have been flooded
with unwanted, unsolicited, commercial email. I have taken steps to automate

1. sendmail-config vs. sendmail RPMS?

I just got the RPMs for sendmail 8.9.2, and figured updating was a good
thing to do, as the updates incorporate better security.  (I haven't gotten
the bugs out of using my Linux box with my ISP yet, but I'm going to take a
whack again once I get my new ISP account set up)/

I'm using RH5.2, which had sendmail 8.8.7 and sendmail-cf 8.8.7 as RPMS.

The new version has RPMs for sendmail, sendmail-cf, and sendmail-config.
According to the query in the RPM for sendmail-config, "This is needed,
eventually there will be multiple configs to choose from."

However, the files it contains  (list follows) conflict with those installed
by sendmail.

Do I stick it all in, using the --force option in rpm?  Do I leave out
sendmail-config?  Why is there a sendmail-config anyway?

Thanks in advance.

CONTENTS OF SENDMAIL-CONFIG
/etc/mail/access
/etc/mail/access.db
/etc/mail/aliases
/etc/mail/aliases.db
/etc/mail/domaintable
/etc/mail/domaintable.db
/etc/mail/mailertable
/etc/mail/mailertable.db
/etc/mail/majordomo
/etc/mail/majordomo.db
/etc/mail/relay-domains
/etc/mail/sendmail.ct
/etc/mail/sendmail.cw
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf
/etc/mail/virtusertable
/etc/mail/virtusertable.db
/etc/sendmail.cf

2. ????????DSL on YellowDog??????????

3. sendmail config

4. Streams mutex

5. Solaris 10 installation - No such file or directory?

6. Sendmail config error? (Slackware 3.1 setup)

7. Xfree 3.2

8. Sendmail config to block remailing?

9. Sendmail config on SuSE 7.2

10. Sendmail config