smtp security

Post by Rand » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am fairly new to Linux. I recently got Linux set up with my cable modem
and use IP masquerading. But for some reason, anyone knowing my IP address
can use my Linux machine to send e-mail through. Any ideas how I can prevent
this? I would still like to use sendmail from my locally networked computer
systems.

smtp security

Post by Bob PHILLIP » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

You need to disable relaying.

From a security perspective qmail is a better proposition than sandmail in
my experience.

--
Bob PHILLIPS
Director/System Administrator

                                                |  http://www.norcom.net.au
Yes, I am on the interthingy     |  If it aint broke, fix it, then it will
be
     dotnet dotau Pty Ltd PO Box 2762 SOUTH HEDLAND WA 6722 AUSTRALIA

Quote:> I am fairly new to Linux. I recently got Linux set up with my cable modem