Linux, Sockets and Java

In the systems being developed here, everything is coded in Java. There
are about 100 Java applications each running its own virtual machine.

I'm supposed to work with test and performance analysis of these systems
and I'm using tools that log system behaviour on process level.

The problem is that all I see is 100 processes named Java with some
small variations in command line parameters.

Is there a safe way to alter the process names either at startup or at
runtime ?
What could be the consequences of doing such a thing ?

//Hans Hagberg

2. Samba-Windows XP pro: any problems?

3. java/47447: linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object

4. what kstat counts does a network driver need to provide to SNMP mibiisa daemon?

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. NIS question

7. Linux threads, sockets , java

8. can't get HP cd writer to mount

9. linux and sockets with c and java

10. java/50729: java/jdk14: broken java.net.NetworkInterface calls

11. problem running Java Applets on linux - threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread ????

12. Linux-Java-LimeWire-java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: