PPTP/VPN server for Linux?

Post by Lord Sludg » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is there a VPN daemon for Linux (RH 5.1) that works with Microsoft
Win95/98's PPTP client, or am I pretty much stuck with using Windows NT to
provide the PPTP server?

The VPN HowTo, http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/VPN.html , makes no
mention of PPTP... I was under the impression that PPTP is Microsoft's
proprietary flavor of VPN, thus rendering it incompatible with Linux's
implementation.

Thanks!

-=Lord Sludge=-

1. M$ pptp vpn server behind Linux 2.4.18 iptables, please help

Hello, this is driving me crazy - I have the iptables in there and
they look good to me, but this thing is still not working.

The issue is, the tcp/1723 traffic is flowing and forwarding just
fine, but the gre stuff is not even showing up! I am using tcpdump to
examine, but no packets are recieved. I am not sure, but if iptables
are blocking gre... would tcpdump still be able to capture?, even in
promisc mode??

At any rate, I am a noob at iptables, so I don't even know how the
hell to get this thing to log! Can someone help examine my firewall
script and see what is going on?

I expect that, I just have iptables configured incorrectly, thereby
denying ip type 47... iptables guruz, please help!

Here is my fw script <http://www.picturewell.com/other/fw/fw.sh.txt>

TIA!!

mike

2. Try to install Solaris 10 but reboot from HD fail.

3. Connecting to a Netware File Server through a PoPToP PPTP VPN Server

4. Boot problems....

5. VPN PPTP PPP Linux box to MS Server HOWTO?

6. Need Info On sockets in AIX

7. Linux Firewall settings to allow PPTP VPN acces to NT Server?

8. Unix Administrators

9. Getting Linux PPTP-Client working with MS VPN server

10. Masq'g a pptp win2k vpn server through linux - need help...

11. Linux as PPTP Server for MS PPTP Clients?

12. pptp linux client to pptp nt server