Please help me set up mt Bocalan2000 networking card under RH 5.0 or 5.1

Please help me set up mt Bocalan2000 networking card under RH 5.0 or 5.1

Post by Dustin Laveric » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Here's my situation:

I'm a complete linux newbie that knows very little about anything unix/linux
related.
I installed RedHat 5.0 and will probably install 5.1 before I do much more.
My computer (pbell p120, 32ram) has a bocalan2000 plus network card (ISA)
that has a dos configuration program, but came without unix drivers.
Maybe someone that has experience or experience with this specific card can
help me through this, with detailed steps if possible.  I tried the howtos
and didn't find much about boca isa cards, only that their pci cards "may
use lance drivers"? but "have hardware problems".
If there is absolutely no way for me to get this working, you'll probably
say "buy a 3com".
I appreciate that, but it's not very helpful :)

Also another quick question (while I'm at it)... is FPX a known brand?  My
new computer has an FPX pci ethernet card and I found nothing in the howto's
about them.  Considering the packaging it looks pretty generic (there isn't
even a manufacturere's name on the manual) I'm wondering if I could get this
to work with linux once I learn just a bit more about the OS.  Or is a
generic card like this hard to get working?  This card, as opposed to the
bocalan DOES have unix3.1 drivers.

Both driver disks have "Pktdrvr" directories, not sure what they are or do
tho.  The rest are for various OS's.

Please excuse the lengthy questions, right now I'm mostly worried about
getting the Boca to work.  Thanks for the help.

-Dustin Laverick

1. setting up RH 5.1 networking to an NT dhcp network

HELP!!  i'm totally stuck here, finished installing linux, but i can't seem
to get it configured to work on the network.  trying to connect to an NT
domain and that NT box is using DHCP.  would i be able to set it up as a
static?  there are only 4 computers on the network and i always have the
same IP address.  not really sure where to go from here..

Thanks for your help!!!

2. SSH Stops Working on Interface 1, Still Works on Interface 2

3. Asking for help on a network card/RH 5.1

4. Sybase v11 on Solaris - Enterprise 1/2 - what machine???

5. RH 5.1 Not seeing both Network cards, help!

6. Which Sun for an application Server?

7. Getting from RH 5.0/2.0.32 to RH 5.1/2.1.x - how to?

8. PostGres ODBC Driver

9. Tape drive for back-ups, RH 5.1

10. Please Help w/RH 5.0 - Video prob when starting X Server but using supported video card

11. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1

12. Please Help! - RH 5.1 install problem

13. Please help with RH 5.1 install problem