IPChains - Simple security setup?

Post by Graham Daniel » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have read the IPCHAINS - HOWTO several times, and think I understand
the basic principles.  However the examples given are aimed at a fairly
elaborate setup and confusing for me at this stage of my Linux
understanding.

I have a small home network (2-3 pc's) with a RH 6.0 LINUX box providing
access to the Internet via the classic IPCHAINS 3 line setup.  However I
want a bit of security to stop hackers being able to come into my local
home network, but want access to http, ftp etc from my internal network
to the internet.

My home network uses addresses 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.3, with
192.168.0.8 being the LINUX IPMASQ machine.

Can anyone give me a simple IPCHAINS setup to do what I want?

Regards,
Graham Daniell

IPChains - Simple security setup?

Post by Mike Reda » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

this script is the best one that I've seen http://ipchains.nerdherd.org/
It is well documented, and easy to follow, you might want to check it
out.

Mike