problem: Printing to Novell printer

Post by Daniel N » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

    I am trying to print to a Novell printer.  I can print manually, but

cannot put it is printcap.
Here is what I have in printcap

nw:\
        :lp=/dev/null:sh:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/nw:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/nw/nprint-script:\

and  my nprint-script is
#! /bin/sh
/usr/bin/nprint -S My_server  -U guest -q  My_print_queue -

the guest account does not require password.
Then I start the print damon and print out a test file by " lpr -Pnw
testprint" and I check "lpq -Pnw", but I got the messge.

waiting for nw to become ready (offline ?)
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
1st    danielng   10   testprint                             30 bytes

And I got no printout.

Could anyone offer some help?

Daniel

1. Problem printing from novell to solaris PS printer.

My agency recently upgraded from SunOS 4.1.3 to Solaris 2.4.  Ever since
the upgrade we have been unable to print postscript files from our Novell
network to our sparc printer.  It seems that the end of each line in the
file contains a ^M (carrot M) which corrupts the postscript
interpretation.

Could it be that the DOS carriage returns are being converted into carrot
Ms by solaris?  In the lpfilters I've noticed a filter called "catv" that
changes non-printable characters to a printable character.

Any ideas?

Wash Dept of Fish and Wildlife
Olympia WA

2. RedHat 5.2: Burned bootable ISO image for Setup boots, but fails to initialize cd - HELP!

3. printing SCO 4 via FlexIp to Novell network printers problem

4. Zip drive with Adaptec aic6x60?

5. Print on Novell-Printer?

6. 112785-24 is broken

7. Printing from unix to printer queue in Novell Network

8. /dev/loop

9. Remote printing to a Novell printer queue?

10. Print from Novell network PC to Solaris network Printer

11. Printing on Novell Netware Printer?

12. How do I print to a Novell network printer from my Linux box?

13. Printing on novell printer