Where to find IMAP4 and POP3 server binaries

Where to find IMAP4 and POP3 server binaries

Post by Jeff Roger » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Where can I find IMAP4 server binaries for Linux/Intel?  If binaries are
not available, what IMAP package is recommended for Linux?  So far I
have been unable to compile the UW IMAP server.

Thanks
-JeffR

Post by Doran L. Barto » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Where can I find IMAP4 server binaries for Linux/Intel?  If binaries are
> not available, what IMAP package is recommended for Linux?  So far I
> have been unable to compile the UW IMAP server.

Uh... RedHat, Slackware, and Debian distributions come with the imapd
and popd. If you are running one of those distributions and did not
install the daemons, then you can probably snag them from the
distribution CD or off a mirror site of your Linux distribution.

Incidentally, why can't you compile the UW imap package?

-=Fozz

"This may seem a bit weird, but that's okay, because it is weird."

1. Looking up POP3/IMAP4 servers

Hi,

I have a question on looking up mail servers.  If I want to look up an
SMTP server, I can simply:

nslookup

Often times the pop3 and imap4 server names are the same, but sometimes
they aren't.  I often have to help my friends setup their E-mail and it
would be nice if there was a quick method like this to find POP3 and
IMAP4 mail servers...

Ideas?

Thanks,
   <> Jim

2. Sys V versus BSD

3. POP3/IMAP4 server for SCO 3.2v4.2

4. Signal Handling under Solaris

5. ssl and pop3 /imap4

6. PPP problems

7. Is IMAP4 secure than POP3?

8. V35 Protocol between a Multiplexer and a Linux Box

9. howto start imap4 & pop3 on Mandrake 9.0

10. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server

11. POP3/SMTP/IMAP4 terminal based e-mail client needed

12. IMAP4 vs. POP3

13. POP3 Mail Server - Binaries Available Anywhere?