pop3 refusing connections after kernel upgrade

pop3 refusing connections after kernel upgrade

Post by Christopher Kol » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Last Friday we upgraded to the 2.0.0 kernel from 1.3.20 (Slakware dist
of both).  We are using Qualcomm's qpopper and the problem is that it
is now refusing connections.  I checked that it is being called
correctly in the inetd.conf, and I recompiled it with the new kernel,
but I am still having connections refused when trying to telnet into
its port.  I also tried pop3d and popmail, but neither of these did
the trick.

Any suggestions on why I can't get into port 110 with the new kernel?
Sendmail and my httpd are working fine on the same box, this appears
to be the only thing that is broken.

Advice or pointers to docs (which I have been looking through) would
be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--chris
--
/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
   Christopher G. Kolar

     http://www.aocn.aurora.edu  [VOX: CoolTalk, NetMeeting]

1. IMAP/POP3 connection refused

Hello, guidance on the next trouble-shooting steps please?

RH 7.0 - Installed imap and enabled ipop3 and imap in /etc/xinetd.d/ipop3
and imap

ntsysv says ipop3 and imap are automatically started.

chkconfig --list ipop3
chkconfig --list imap
both result 'on'.

sendmail working ok (telnet port 25 responds).

mail/access contains hosts allowed to relay
mail/local-host-names contain local aliases

telnet localhost 110 (on mailserver):
unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused.

telnet localhost 220 ditto.

many thanks,
/j-p.

2. CAT command

3. libwrap refused connection to pop3 from...

4. help for configuring teac 55a

5. POP3 connection refused

6. ypx

7. POP3: Connection refused?

8. mod_perl newbie

9. pop3 - host: Connection refused

10. pop3 connection refused

11. libwrap refused connection to pop3

12. Kernel 2.2.12 refuses to compile after upgrades to GCC, make, and glibc

13. RH5.0 upgrade refuses install LILO and kernel