Is ttcp already working on Linux?

Post by Dave Kenne » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 05:51:19

I compiled ttcp last night and it compiled with a few warnings (that I
haven't researched yet) that didn't look too good.  I went ahead and
tried it anyway, but it did not work.  The receive and send sides just
sat there for a long time.  The source I used was from on of the
NetBSD archive sites.

Has anyone already ported ttcp to Linux?  Is the ported source (or a
patch) available?  Binary?
--

| UUCP: emory!melupl!davek                       Whois: DK87         |

1. Netperf should now work on *BSD and do TTCP (RFC 1644)

For those who would like to be benchmarking network performance on
[Free|Net]BSD platforms, netperf revision 2.0PL1 _should_ be working
without additional modification (although I've only run it on FreeBSD
myself). There are also some minor fixes for other platforms.

This version of netperf also includes a test for Transactional TCP
(RFC 1644) called TCP_TRR. To get the full force of TTCP, you need to
use the test-specific "-p portnum" option to cause the client side to
re-use the same local port number for each transaction. This test will
be compiled-in if you specify "-DDO_1644" in the CFLAGS of the
makefile.

Results can be compared with the TCP_CRR test, (which should behave
much like the http protocol) and perhaps the TCP_RR test. Before
drawing any general conclusions though, be sure to either get a full
explanation of the way each test works, or get one yourself by looking
at the source code.

You can find netperf, and the netperf results database at
http://www.cup.hp.com/netperf/NetperfPage.html

happy benchmarking,

rick jones
Please direct your follow-ups to comp.benchmarks.

2. question about et4000 video card bios

3. I already RTFM, but am still having problems

4. Help: NIS+ login not mnting home directories

5. Am I already running?

6. looking for a card that does svgalib/metroX

7. problems with minicom? (thinks i am already online?)

8. Large storage for Linux

9. Any software like ttcp in Linux!

10. ttcp on Linux

11. TTCP in Linux

12. Finding TTCP.C Source Code - Linux.

13. I AM A NEWBIE and I CAN GET SOund to work in REDHAT Linux.....