command line telnet client source code need!

command line telnet client source code need!

Post by wang yi » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:16:31

Hi,
  I use cygwin with X programs in my lab to connect to a Sun Fire
server. I  like use xterm both from Sun and my PC together on one X
server -- X-Win32 server. But the telnet program from Windows 2000
doesn't work in xterm. It just start and quit!

  Cygwin doesn't come with telnet. So I need the telnet code to compile
it in cygwin. I'd like just a command line interface. X GUI with only
Xlib or Xt is also welcome.

  Thanks for any information on this.

command line telnet client source code need!

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 15:27:42

Quote:> Hi,
>   I use cygwin with X programs in my lab to connect to a Sun Fire
> server. I  like use xterm both from Sun and my PC together on one
> X server -- X-Win32 server. But the telnet program from Windows
> 2000 doesn't work in xterm. It just start and quit!

>   Cygwin doesn't come with telnet. So I need the telnet code to
>   compile
> it in cygwin. I'd like just a command line interface. X GUI with
> only Xlib or Xt is also welcome.

>   Thanks for any information on this.

Where is your Linux problem? I read only M$/Sun?
Anyway, you could try using a search engine (google or
freshmeat.net)
The normal Linux telnet client says:
$OpenBSD: genget.c,v 1.4 1998/03/12 04:48:50 art Exp $
Or start a xterm (dtterm) remote on the Sun. Or better use ssh.

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.