Excite EWS Search Engine

Post by s2155.. » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

G'day
I'm trying to setup the E* EWS 1.1 search engine on the Redhat Linux
4.1 but I'm running into this problem when I try to install it.

./perl: can't load library 'libdb.so.1'

The e* version comes with perl V4, it has this problem so I have
tried to replace it with V5.03 and I have also copied the libdb.so.1
files on to the same directory to no avail.

I'm suspecting something to do with a.out library set as I'm using the
elf based library.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steven

Excite EWS Search Engine

Post by Frank Sweetse » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> G'day
> I'm trying to setup the E* EWS 1.1 search engine on the Redhat Linux
> 4.1 but I'm running into this problem when I try to install it.

> ./perl: can't load library 'libdb.so.1'

have you made sure you've got the libdb-1.8.5 rpm installed?

paramount.res.wpi.net RedHat Linux 2.0.31pre9 i486       | at public servers
It's the same old story; boy meets beer, boy drinks beer... boy gets
another beer.
                -- Cheers

1. Excite EWS search engine Q

G'day
I'm trying to setup the Excite EWS 1.1 search engine on the Redhat Linux
4.1 but I'm running into this problem when I try to install it.

./perl: can't load library 'libdb.so.1'

The excite version comes with perl V4, it has this problem so I have
tried to replace it with V5.03 and I have also copied the libdb.so.1
files on to the same directory to no avail.

I'm suspecting something to do with a.out library set as I'm using the
elf based library.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steven

2. Everything become bigger after upgrading into xfree86 4.0

3. Excite EWS Search engine Q

4. FTP scripts

5. Excite EWS help (search engine)

6. HELP: Need Part # for MAE 3.0 for Solaris

7. Excite EWS search timeout

8. Problems with KDE 2.1 - Redhat 7.1

9. Excite Search Engine 1.1 on irix 5.3

10. Excite Search Engine for Web Servers

11. Excite www search engine indexer dumps core under Solaris 2.6

12. Excite search engine

13. Excite search engine on Solaris - lost password