Where does ifconfig get it's info from on startup?

Where does ifconfig get it's info from on startup?

Post by Gerr » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am having a problem with Slackware networking. I moved a working
machine from one network physicaly (spelling? :() to another and now I
cannot reset the routing tables except at the prompt. I realize that I
can prob. reconfigure it through netconfig but I'm still very
interested in knowing where the routing info is stored on shutdown and
startup (not just during runtime).

Thanks :)

Where does ifconfig get it's info from on startup?

Post by Chris Jennin » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

it's in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1

Quote:>I am having a problem with Slackware networking. I moved a working
>)

1. collisions in 'ifconfig' info.

When my linuxbox boots up ethernet interface comes active and
ifconfig starts with collisions '0', but as I surf the net or
do some 'networking', the number of collisions becomes quite large
and seems as if (but really is) network is unreachable.

Is there anyone that can help me with this problem?

2. ATI All In Wonder with x86 v9

3. Getting 'pstat -s' and 'swap -s' info programatically

4. Search function is not available in Documentation Library AIX 5.1

5. failed at 'dos -A' DOSEMU startup ?

6. opinions request on mail and speed

7. getting system to 'beep' when startup finishes

8. Netscape & 16-bit color

9. arp -a and ifconfig info don't agree?

10. AIX 5.1 - Getting the 'netstat -s' info from a C programs

11. What's ifconfig doing to me?

12. ifup: getting IP info for eth0 failed; unexpected TX-done interrupt