PPP dialup question

Post by Marquis de carvdaw » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Wow, look at all of the PPP questions...

Okay, I have RH 5.1, and things are setup fine...kernel is compiled to
support
ppp, and I am trying to use netcfg to dial into my ISP (who is running a
Linux
PPPd).  My ISP says to enable PAP.

I tried to dial in and couldn't get anything with route -n or ifconfig
ppp0.  I checked
/var/log/messages, and saw that when the server is asking for the login,
my box is
sending "115200" for some reason.

Could someone give some advice to a new Linux user?  I have the HOWTO on

PPP and ISP dial up, but, well, things should be easier than
this...right?

Thanks,

Harlan

1. reconnecting ppp dialup -- question from RIP

Does anyone out there know how to setup ppp so that it will redial the
number if disconnected and also set this dialup to start automactically upon
bootup. I know how to do this through the control panel in X but I can't
stand X and want to get rid of it and just use linux. Anyone know how to do
this or where information about something like this can be found???

Thanks
RIP

2. X server/ WIN 95/NT

3. PPP Dialup question...

4. Regarding X-windows Xresources problem

5. PPP dialup question

6. TCPLIST (rootkit)

7. question concerning ppp dialup, chap, and adding routes

8. IPX Setup in RH 5.1

9. Newbie Question Re: PPP dialup

10. NT and Linux PPP dialup bps rate questions

11. newbie question: ppp dialup problem

12. PPP connection via mac or win modem dialup to dedicated Linux ppp server

13. Solaris 2.4 PPP <----> Win95 Dialup PPP Anybody?