How do I know the PPPoE session established correct

How do I know the PPPoE session established correct

Post by Ruke Wan » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I downloaded rp-pppoe-2.3 to run PPPoE protocol.

There are two network cards on the client machine and one is connected to
the machine running pppoe-server(also provided by rp-pppoe-2.3).  The
connection process is correct and pppoe session is established.

My question is how I know the session established is right.  Can I get any
traffic between the server and client?  They can ping each other(ppp0 for
example).  I tried to add the server ppp IP as gateway to the client but
then the client can't ping anything.

Is this caused by the testing server?  Do I need to change the IP of the
client after PPPoE connection is established?

1. How do I know PPPoE session established correct?

I downloaded rp-pppoe-2.3 to run PPPoE protocol.

There are two network cards on the client machine and one is connected to
the machine running pppoe-server(also provided by rp-pppoe-2.3).  The
connection process is correct and pppoe session is established.

My question is how I know the session established is right.  Can I get any
traffic between the server and client?  They can ping each other(ppp0 for
example).  I tried to add the server ppp IP as gateway to the client but
then the client can't ping anything.

Is this caused by the testing server?  Do I need to change the IP of the
client after PPPoE connection is established?

2. connection windows95 laptop to Linux workstation

3. dos sessions as terminal sessions on network

4. Adding a 5th SCSI-disk on SCO Enterprise System 3.0

5. How to establish PPPoE server and client in Linux ?

6. I got ripped off by LINUXPPC.ORG

7. How to establish a PPPoE server in RedHat?

8. IDE subsystem issues with 2.4.1[89] [REVISITED]

9. to know DOS is to know Unix?

10. Connects, establishes a PPP Session, and then ........ nothing.

11. VERY URGENT- killing a netstat ESTABLISHED session

12. iptables restart, existing sessions, and ESTABLISHED,RELATED rules

13. Problem establishing telnet session into Linux system (Mandrake 7.2)