samba and win 2k...

Post by Walter Fettic » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi everyone

I've been trying to connect the linux box i have with my friend's win 2k
machine but no matter what i've tried it won't work.
 My guess is that win 2k won't recognize linux as the master browser and i
don't know how i need to configure windows to do that.
with win 98 it seems to go very well but with win2k i can't see his shares and
he can't see mine either..
i've been trying to make linux a wins server but it's the same response

if anyone can help PLEASE!
i've been working on this stuff for a month and
still ....

samba and win 2k...

Post by Derek Cliffor » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

When I first installed win2k I couldn't see my linux box at all. Updating Samba to
the latest version cured the problem.

Derek

--

                                       Fax +33(0)1 69887227
EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre,

samba and win 2k...

Post by Andre Hoepne » Sun, 17 Sep 2000 04:00:00

i've had the same problem, thats why i have mounted
my shares manually. go to net drive connect on your
windows browser and give linuxbox and share manually
than give username and paswort manually, by clicking
use other unsername. that should work.
or upgrade toi newer samba-version!

bye andre

> When I first installed win2k I couldn't see my linux box at all. Updating
Samba to
> the latest version cured the problem.

> Derek

> > Hi everyone

> > I've been trying to connect the linux box i have with my friend's win 2k
> > machine but no matter what i've tried it won't work.
> >  My guess is that win 2k won't recognize linux as the master browser and
> > don't know how i need to configure windows to do that.
> > with win 98 it seems to go very well but with win2k i can't see his
shares and
> > he can't see mine either..
> > i've been trying to make linux a wins server but it's the same response

> > if anyone can help PLEASE!
> > i've been working on this stuff for a month and
> > still ....

> --

>                                        Fax +33(0)1 69887227
> EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre,
> BP 15,91222 Bretigny-Sur-Orge,
> France.
> --

1. Samba & win 2k problems

hi all
can somebody please help me?
We have a linux (kernel 2.2.13) computer running samba on our network. It
has been running more or less OK for some time with assorted windows
clients. However the powers that be have decided we should have a microsoft
server.
So we have set up a windows 2K advanced server and this worked well on a
test network.
Now we have brought the 2K onto the same network as the linux and our client
computers are taking hours after starting before they can access files on
the linux computer.
It appears the linux computer is not authenticating the users and so wont
allow access to files.
They can browse to the shares but when they try to open the share they get a
message saying that the network device is unavailable.
After they do get access everything seems OK, but this is HOURS later :(
There is probably some setting either in samba or in windows that will make
them work together, but i'm pulling my hair out trying to find it.
tia
matt

2. PPP ERROR

3. SAMBA - Win 2k & Linux

4. alloca for Irix6.2 ?

5. homesite on win 2k and mapped network-devices on samba

6. Airport Extreme and YDL3

7. samba 2.0.6 & win 2k

8. i386.conf

9. Win 2K to Samba via Internet

10. Installing Linux on a Win ME + Win 2K dual booting system

11. redhat 7.2 and win 2k pro-->boot loaders do not recognize win 200

12. Running LPR printer (old Genicom text shuttle printer) from Win 2K client through Win NT server

13. 2K over 2K Lite?