easy easy easy one

Post by <ngr.. » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am just wondering how to chamge my domain name in redhat 5.1...i thought
that i had changed it correctly, but it still shows up under the wrong
domain name on my windows computers. THanks, Jason

easy easy easy one

Post by Josh Rusk » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

ya mean where it shows up in netword neighborhood? That wouldn't be your
domain name, it would be your workgroup name in samba.conf (smb.conf? I forget
the name and I'm in windoze now).

Post by m.. » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

: ya mean where it shows up in netword neighborhood? That wouldn't be your
: domain name, it would be your workgroup name in samba.conf (smb.conf? I forget
: the name and I'm in windoze now).

 Change the line that says

 workgroup = default

 Set it to whatever domain you want it to use and restart Samba.