Linux connect to MS proxy server?

Post by Edmund La » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Dear all:

I was using RH linux 6.1, and I want to use linux to surf internet, the
only way is connect to the MS Proxy server 2.0, I really want to know is
that possible to use linux surf internet via MS Proxy 2.0, if it work, then
pls. teach me how to make this connection?

Thank you very much!!

Edmund Lai

Linux connect to MS proxy server?

Post by Thomas Hora » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

It depends on what way your MS Proxy is setup.....it can be setup to accept
connections by IP or NT Group. If it is by IP then you need to be in the IP
range. However, if it is by NT Group it can be setup for plain text
passwords or NTLM encryption. If it is NTLM encyrption then you are screwed
!!!!!

You should be probably be using Netscape so go into Preferneces and put in
the IP address and port number of the MS Proxy server. It will provide its
own error page if you are not authenticated.

Tom

>Dear all:

>I was using RH linux 6.1, and I want to use linux to surf internet, the
>only way is connect to the MS Proxy server 2.0, I really want to know is
>that possible to use linux surf internet via MS Proxy 2.0, if it work, then
>pls. teach me how to make this connection?

>Thank you very much!!

>Edmund Lai

>--

1. Linux connect to MS proxy server?

Dear all:

I was using RH linux 6.1, and I want to use linux to surf internet, the
only way is connect to the MS Proxy server 2.0, I really want to know is
that possible to use linux surf internet via MS Proxy 2.0, if it work, then
pls. teach me how to make this connection?

Thank you very much!!

Edmund Lai

2. SCSI disks

3. Software help on an AlphaStation 500

4. Linux Firewalls, MS Proxy Server and MS Exchange Server

5. trident 9440?

6. socks proxy client on linux and ms proxy server

7. Help in finding a good backup package.

8. Best Choice of Proxy Server: MS Proxy / Linux TIS

9. Linux proxy client conf. with MS Proxy Server

10. connect to ISP pop3 server using MS proxy?

11. Connecting to Internet VIA NT Server and MS Proxy

12. Linux client with MS Proxy Server 2.0 on NT Server