Redialing ppp/chat script?

Post by Everitt G. Bee » Sun, 05 Nov 1995 04:00:00

How do you write a script involving pppd and chat so that it will
continuously redial when it receives BUSY or NO CARRIER replies?

Thanks,
Everitt

Everitt G. Beers

Web:     http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ebeers

Phone:   (310) 204-0530
Mail:    8928 Beverlywood Street
         Los Angeles, CA 90034-2418

Redialing ppp/chat script?

Post by Al Longye » Sun, 05 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>How do you write a script involving pppd and chat so that it will
>continuously redial when it receives BUSY or NO CARRIER replies?

You might wish to start with the sample script in the ppp-2.2.0c
package with automatically redials numbers until it makes a connection.

--

1. PPP Chat Scripts and Redialing

Ok, I've heard this is possible, but all of my searches on the web and looking
in the NAG have come to naught... so, I turn to you. :)  The basic question is:
Is it possible to set up chat to auto-redial after a busy signal, and if so,
how would one go about such a thing?

It's probably not relevant, but I'm running Debian 2.0 and have a fair idea of
how the chat script works/is set up (though I did use their pppsetup utility
to make the one I have).

Noah Stacy

2. add_drv, dnet, probems. pls help.

3. How to write a chat script to redial

4. Script help

5. PPP+chat: How to redial 2 or more numbers

6. reducing sync. transfer rate

7. PPP's chat will sleep for about 1 minute b4 redial

8. pcps800.tar.Z Print files on PostScript

9. ppp and chat -redial option

10. ppp in chat mode, how to debug chat script

11. PPP/Chat: Working chat script Linux==>SCO?

12. PPP: Modified chat for two chat scripts