samba: smbstatus (status file locked)

Post by TJ » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Why can't smbstatus open the status file /var/lock/STATUS..LCK?
I don't see any "*lock*= " parameters in the configuration files.
thanks
-tj

1. Couldn't open status file /var/lock/samba/STATUS....LCK

I am attempting to set up a Linux/Windows network and when I try to test if
samba is working with the command "smbstatus " I get the following response:
" Couldn't open status file /var/lock/samba/STATUS....LCK "
What am I doing incorrect???
Steven A. Wimmer

Admit Nothing,
Deny Everything,
Volunteer Accusations.

2. JavaScript

3. Modem TX and RX status via Num Lock-Caps Lock-Scroll Lock

4. LDAP problem in SuSE 7.1

5. Samba smbstatus error, please help!

6. USB wireless lan dongle "Oops".

7. Samba smbstatus error, please help

8. shared memory handles inheritance from Java to child process

9. How to view lock file status

10. check file's status and lock it, how?

11. SAMBA File Locking Problem

12. Samba File Locking

13. Samba: file-locking issues?