Linux Network Statistics

Post by Tariq Noor Ella » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:22:51

Hi,

I am writing a software which will provide the network interface
information i-e network address, bandwidth usage information etc. What
system call / API should i look into to do my work. I am using C++ to
implement all this.

I appreciate any response

Tariq

Linux Network Statistics

Post by Rob Schneide » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:27:28

> Hi,

> I am writing a software which will provide the network interface
> information i-e network address, bandwidth usage information etc. What
> system call / API should i look into to do my work. I am using C++ to
> implement all this.

> I appreciate any response

> Tariq

Consider Python and do it in a few lines of code.  See Python doc's at
www.python.org.  Re using C++, check the documentation with the software
you have.

Linux Network Statistics

Post by Peteris Krumin » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 07:01:16

Quote:> Hi,

> I am writing a software which will provide the network interface
> information i-e network address, bandwidth usage information etc. What
> system call / API should i look into to do my work. I am using C++ to
> implement all this.

> I appreciate any response

> Tariq

why reinvent the wheel?