ISDN2Modem

Post by David Lah » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

What do I need to establish connections to modems, using ISDN. This
question really bothers me ;-). Is there any kind of modem emulator
available?
--
        David

ISDN2Modem

Post by Paul Slootma » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>What do I need to establish connections to modems, using ISDN. This
>question really bothers me ;-). Is there any kind of modem emulator
>available?

What are you trying to do, exactly?

If you have an ISDN line and want to connect to an analog modem,
you need an analog modem and an A/B adapter. Alternatively use
something like the ZyXEL 2864 that effectively combines both things
in one.

You _cannot_ use a passive ISDN card to connect to an analog modem.

Paul Slootman
--

http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands