My machine doesnt respond to any SYN or ICMP packets!

Post by Henrik Storn » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Hi there. Here is a stumper. My Linux box (kernel 2.0.35) recieves its IP via
>DHCP. From that machine I can telnet, ping, ftp or whatever else flawlessly.
>However if a machine not on my Ethernet Segment tries to connect (or even
>ping) me nothing happens.

Check that your routing tables are setup correctly, i.e. you should have
a route to the local net through eth0, and a default route (if you have
internet access) through your gateway on the local network).

--
Henrik Storner  |  "testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good,
                |   if it boots up it is perfect."
                |                                    Linus Torvalds

1. SYN flooding -- how can I respond?

2. netscape and java -- error

3. sshd doesnt respond without internetaccess

4. Driver for Winbond W89C840 chip

5. gateway doesnt respond to LAN connection attempts

6. DOS fdisk won't recognize changes made by linux fdisk

7. ping responds with "unknown protocol icmp"

8. using Knoppix / Konqueror to rescue crashed HDD???

9. SunOS 5.2 not responding to ICMP Timestamp.

10. Is it possible, bind has done but the OS still respond with ICMP destination unreachable

11. Linux ignoring SYN packets

12. Create TCP syn packet with given seq num and few other TCP parameters

13. SYN packet problem