rsync error

Post by leo » Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:23:47

does anyone use rsync as a backup server?
it usually works okay, however when i use  it on this weekend, it prompts
this error msg.
please help

building file list ...
link_stat /mnt/nw/DATA2POP/APPS : Input/Output error
done
delta transmission enabled
total: matches=0 tag_hits=0 false_alarms=0 data=0
wrote 17 bytes read 20 bytes 2.74 bytes/sec
total size is 0   speedup is 0.00
rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(578)

1. rsync error message

I'm attempting to use rsync to "mirror" a set of remote file systems
on my local machine, so I can do tape backups locally.  It seems
to work fine, but I'm getting this message (a few times) on the
remote system, in /etc/messages:

    rsyncd[16649]: /etc/spwd.db: No such file or directory

Remote: 4.4-RELEASE
both are running rsync 2.5.2, installed from the ports.

The remote system is running 'rsync --daemon', with "uid=root" and
"hosts allow" restricted to my local system.  One of the rsync
executions is copying /etc, but the message seems to happen on other
sections as well.

All of the executions are of the form:
    /usr/local/bin/rsync -azv hostname::bin  ./bin

So, how do I refine things, plug holes, etc, to get rid of this
message?

--
|Drew Lawson            | If you're not part of the solution |

|http://www.furrfu.com/ |                                    |

2. disappearing news

3. Rsync error

4. A doubt related to crypto++ and openssl libraries

5. filtering rsync errors mailed to root inbox

6. Office suite that handles Word 7 documents?

7. rsync error RH 9

8. HELP! NFS strangeness

9. rsync error

10. rsync updating error

11. Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!

12. rsync 2.5.6 configure error

13. rsync connection reset by peer error RH 8.0