Howto Forward Specific ports via ipchains on redhat 6.2?

Howto Forward Specific ports via ipchains on redhat 6.2?

Post by a » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 01:44:08

i have ipchains up and running fine as my firewall.

i have internal ips: 10.x.x.x on one side
and the internet on the other side (ip on firewall is e.g. 208.1.2.3)

internet access for these 10.x.x.x internal ips works fine via Masquerading.

i want an external ip request from any ip, to external ip of firewall
(208.1.2.3) : port #
to be forwarded to a different port# on a Specific Internal IP e.g. 10.4.5.6
in Both directions

source: tcp 0/0:63001
destination: tcp 208.1.2.3:63001

forward all packets to:
tcp 10.4.5.6:5631

BOTH directions

PLUS

source: udp 0/0:63002
destination: udp 208.1.2.3:63002

forward all packets to:
udp 10.4.5.6:5632

BOTH directions

using IPCHAINS - NOT ipfwadm.

THANX! =)

Post by Manfred Bart » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:29:49

> i have ipchains up and running fine as my firewall.

> i have internal ips: 10.x.x.x on one side
> and the internet on the other side (ip on firewall is e.g. 208.1.2.3)

> internet access for these 10.x.x.x internal ips works fine via Masquerading.

> i want an external ip request from any ip, to external ip of firewall
> (208.1.2.3) : port #
> to be forwarded to a different port# on a Specific Internal IP e.g. 10.4.5.6
> in Both directions

Run ``ipmasqadm portfw'' and it will explain itself.  :)

--
Manfred
ipchainsLogAnalyzer, NetCalc, whois at: <http://logi.cc/linux/>