why can not telnet other machine

Post by Wang Hai Che » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

 My PC use a new larger harddisk. After i copy all software to my new harddisk
from old one. It can not run telnet. Who can tell me why and how to do ? Do I
need to recompile my Linux 2.0 . Thank you for any help.

1. Telnet refused to my machine but all others work, help!

I am running linuxppc-1999 on a StarMax 3000/240. i
am on a cable modem.  all INET services and
otherwise work when a remote system tries to
connect but with telnet, the connection is refused
even before it gets to the login prompt. it says :

"unable to connect to remote host: connection
refused."

when i type 'in.telnetd' in the command prompt, it
says:

"in.telnetd: getpeername: socket operation on non-
socket"

how can i get telnet to work?  i have rebooted the
machine, restarted inet many times and network
too...please help...any suggestions would be
appreciated.  thanx.

Rick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. how to set up mail forwarding

3. Why is xterm setuid root on some OSes but not others?

4. Help: A good book on Linux?

5. NVdia, why is it not like others?

6. IP MASQuerading NOT Masquerading?

7. Why this code works on AIX, NeXT, BUT NOT OTHERS (SunOS, Ultrix) ?

8. SQUID-- USER AND PASSWORD POPP UP WINDOW FOR WINDOWS CLIENTS

9. utmp/wtmp: Why some, not others?

10. Telnet dies but process does NOT, why not?

11. Telnet & FTP lag - why why why???

12. It's not bad canned meat...