Any suggestions for mounting NT shares on linux box?

Any suggestions for mounting NT shares on linux box?

Post by Aver » Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a NT 4.0 domain controller that links everyone in our workgroup.
On login each users has a J and K drive that is mapped on their system.
Most users use these to store files they are working on, etc... The
problem is sometimes when they are away from the office they want to
access these files. I really don't want to put an ftp server on NT I'd
much rather have these drives mounted on the linux box that we use as an
e-mail server.

What I'd like to do would be to mount the J and K drives on the linux
box, and if someone ftp's in they are placed in their home directory
with a J and K directory (from the NT box).

Any suggestions or pointers on how to do this?

thanks,

-avery

Post by Ramana Juvvad » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Any suggestions or pointers on how to do this?

Do an smbmount. It is easy enough.

Ramana

1. Mounting Unix shared "dir" on an NT box???

Hi Folx,

Any suggestions regarding what PC-NFS client to use with NT 4.0 Server
in order to mount Solairs' shared resources???? I currently own Exceed
5, and looking into getting Hummingbird's Maestro Solo... is there any
better solution that someone else might can suggest??? I'd appreciate
your response.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. If replying via e-mail please remove "x"'s from the header.

-Ovais Quraishi
 SQA Engineer
 Edify Corp.
 http://www.edify.com/

2. FireWall and Forwarding rules...

3. Mounting NT FS on linux box: problems

4. Linux BBS Programs

5. How can I mount a NT drive to my Linux box ?

6. ANNOUNCE: xmcd v1.3 Motif CD Player

7. mounting solaris share from linux box

8. Errors running X as a user (root works fine)

9. need help mounting shares on linux box!

10. Mounting Shared Drive On Win98 network on Linux Box

11. Problem mounting NT share on linux 6.1 using smbmount?

12. mounting nt shares as filesystems under linux -- problem

13. Samba, Mounting W95/NT shares on linux machines